11.13.2011

Small Seven

For Africa!Ignite's WowZulu range I came up with this pile of animals that we call our "small seven"... Next to the famous big five, we decided to honour all the animals you see out in the rural areas and that are so important within most Zulu households. They all come with their own story ( it's so wonderful to see how rich story telling is in Zulu culture... ) My favourite is the Africanis dog - which used to be known as "the township dog". Recently they were officially recognised as a breed and people from all over the world are willing to pay a lot of money for them. We have a gorgeous Africanis at home, her name is Rosie and she actually really still came straight out of the township. I used her as a model for the little dog sillhouette you see in the pile...

Underneath you see some more little products I developed around the small seven: a bracelet set, with Rosie as a pendant :) brooch and earrings... They all come in red, yellow, purple, black and GREEN for COP17! These samples are all powder-coated, laser profile mild steel cut-outs ...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Noush, I read about this machine in Wired Magazine: http://silhouetteamerica.com/silhouetteCameo.aspx
    It reminded me of this post. I guess you would be able to make great things with it!

    ReplyDelete