10.19.2010

Pineapple jam with basil recipe...


I lost my Grandfather today... He was 91 and he has been very weak for a long time. What seemed to keep him alive was his anxiety of dying. Until today I'm still not sure whether he got rid of that fear or not. With all my heart I hope so. My dear Opa.

To distract myself I decided to make a huge pot of pineaple jam! It's a gorgeous recipe that I would love to share: 2 kg of pineapples (cleaned and cut in little pieces...) 1 kg of jam sugar, 3 lemons: juice +  zest and two full hands of chopped basil. First heat the pineapples with the lemon juice and zest. When they start to go soft you can decide to use the blender to make them mashy, after that add the sugar. When the jam starts to thicken up take it off the heat and add the chopped basil. Pour into sterelised jars, let it cool and you will have a delicious jam :)

1 comment:

  1. Hoi Manoushka , ik las het in de krant. Zelfs ik werd er een klein beetje verdrietig van. Sterkte allemaal.

    ReplyDelete